from councilor Page
Cleaned up version
: Public Consultations now open
Today, Harborough District Council has opened four public consultations regarding strategic and local planning:
- Issues and Options (Regulation 18)
- Call for Sites 2024
- Great Easton Conservation Area Appraisal
- Local List on Non-Designated Heritage Assets (proposed additions)
All four consultations are open for six weeks; the deadline for comments is 23:55hrs on Tuesday 27 February 2024.
How to submit comments
Participation is easy – all four consultations can be viewed on our dedicated webpage, where you can also submit your comments.
We must understand which elements of each document you are responding to, therefore please use our online consultation page to submit comments within the relevant chapters of interest.
View consultations and submit comments here or type the following address into your internet browser:
Issues & Options consultation
The purpose of the consultation is to seek views on the development options for a new district-wide Local Plan. At this early stage of plan-making, the consultation is about the overall strategy. It asks questions about how much development is needed and where it should it be built. Specific development sites will be considered in more detail at later stages.
Please help us to spread the word by forwarding this invitation to local associates, friends, and family members.
Issues & Options Drop-in events
Planning for the future is a complex process, therefore as part of our commitment to involve residents, businesses, community groups, Town Councils, Parish Councils and Parish Meetings in the preparation of new planning policy documents, I am pleased to confirm that Council Officers will host five public drop-in events across the district.
The public drop-in events are designed to provide interested parties with more information on the consultation document, how to respond and an understanding of what happens next. Venues, dates and times are as follows:
· 24 January, 10.30am to 8pm: Market Harborough – Council Chamber, 2nd Floor of The Symington Building, Adam & Eve Street, LE16 7AG.
· 31 January, 3.30pm to 7.30pm: Scraptoft – Community Hub (Lounge), Malsbury Ave, LE7 9FQ.
· 6 February, 3.30pm to 7.30pm: Lutterworth – The Wycliffe Rooms (Community Hall), George Str, Masonic Hall, LE17 4ED.
· 7 February, 3.30pm to 7.30pm: Broughton Astley – Broughton Astley Village Hall (Boughton Hall), Station Rd, LE9 6PT.
· 13 February, 3.30pm to 7.30pm: Kibworth – The Old Grammar School (Main Hall), School Rd, LE8 0JE.
Further information about the new Local Plan and associated supporting evidence is online at the following web address: www.harborough.gov.uk/new-local-plan
If you have any queries about this consultation, please do not hesitate to contact the Strategic Planning Team. You can telephone the team direct on 01858 821160 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.