The Environment Group, in cooperation with the Parish Council and Leicestershire County Council, are planning to plant two wildflower verges at the entrances to Ullesthorpe.
The two agreed sites are marked with blue hearts and are:
- On entry to the village from Lutterworth, just before the village sign. This will be approx 8mx4m. See the right hand photo at the top of the page for the location. You can also see the details of site by clicking here
- On entry to the village from Claybrooke, just past the village sign and all the way to the tree on the corner of Frolesworth Road. This will be approx 62mx3m. See left hand photo at the top of the page for the location. You can also see the details of the site by clicking here
The next steps are:
- In May/June the site will be surveyed (paid for by LCC) and advise given to the group about the best type of seeds etc for our area to maximise benefit to our natural environment.
- The grass will not be cut between now and August/September.
- Planting will take place in September.
If you are interested in helping with the project please drop an e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org